Thursday, February 22, 2007

I messed up my DNS again ....

It is the second time in 2 months that I messed up my name server again. Everytime I add a new domain, everything just goes hair wire ...

The first time when I shifted my first domain www.asianbatik.com from Yahoo! Small Business to GoDaddy.com, everything just does not work. I have to recommission my new server after just 14 days. Luckily, I don't have much yet except all the files from my previous shared hosting server in Yahoo!.

This time, it happened yesterday. I add in new domain, sapphireknight.com and every domain just pointing to each other. I am not sure whether what I did was wrong or right. It takes several hours for the DNS to take effect. Ha ha ha.. poor me. But I am learning. Being an impatient species, I just keep changing the setting .. Now, my domain www.sapphireknight.com and sapphireknight.com is actually pointing to GoDaddy.com server where my free web hosting account is located. It actually should point to my server where the rests of the domain and DNS is located..

The problem is, for each of my domain, I would have one sub domain named blog pointing to my blog in Blogger.com. Somehow, it does not work the way I wanted..

Hopefully, everything would be fine soon. As I am moving this weekend, I will be off line for several days until the telco shift my phone and my broadband to the new location. Well, it is just next block to where I am staying now. But, it might take days before the technician come to fix it.

It really scared me because I still have another domain, phpwebcounter.com yet to be moved from Yahoo!.. It is just a domain park server. Now, it is pointing to my server fine. When I need to shift it in June, only then I will worry. Hopefully, I am already good at managing my name server by that time.. Again, wish me luck !!!

No comments: