Thursday, February 22, 2007

Firefox vs Internet Explorer 7 - Different Behaviour

Follow up to my DNS screw up earlier, I notice that FireFox 2.0 and Internet Explorer 7 behaves differently when it comes to interfacing with the DNS.

In FireFox 2.0, this is what I get when I tried to access my web server http://www.sapphireknight.com.


And this is what I get in Internet Explorer 7


Now, in Firefox, what I get is the placeholder page in GoDaddy.com. It is the default page if you have not set up or upload any other page yet. While in IE7, the screen is the default placeholder for Apache web server in Fedora Core. My server is actually a Linux server running Red Hat Fedora Core. So, IE7 obviously right in this sense. I am so sure why Firefox does not give me the right page. It am really confuse. Again, I am not so sure if my DNS setting is correct or not.

The only different is that I have set up a proxy in Firefox. While in IE7, it is direct connection. On personal notes, I do use Firefox 2.0 heavily and IE7 is just for checking the output of my web pages to make sure that all I do is at least compatible to these two major web browser.

No comments: