Friday, February 16, 2007

Electronic Toll Collection System - Revisited

On August 2006, I was contracted to develop a new toll collection system for one of the highway in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. The last time I did the toll collection system was in 2000 working for one of the Government Link Company (GLC).

This time, I was working for one of the Scandinavian company. It has been a long time since I left the field and working in a cozy office cubicle. It was tough for a start but at the end, the project was completed on time successfully. All 4 lanes was up and running just before new year.

Soon after that, a contract for 2 additional lane was awarded by the project owner and of course I was again called in for the project. This time, it was quicker than I anticipated even though there are several major changes required to be done as the lane configuration was different. Also, the equipment used were different. These new lanes installation were completed few days ago just before Chinese New Year.

No comments: